Hello, friends. What a crazy couple of weeks it’s been! I intended to write this last Tuesday, and then I got stranded in Amsterdam for two extra days, blowing all of my carefully laid plans out of the water. Oh, well. At least I’m back on track, sort of, writing wise, even if I haven’t made it to Costco yet. Continue reading
Wynonna Earp 1×01, AKA the One Where Wy Got Off the Bus, Waverly Had an Amazing Entrance, Gus Took No Shit, and Our Lives Were Changed Forever
HELLO, EARPERS AND FRIENDS.
Have I mentioned how busy fall season is at work? Or have you just been able to tell from the lack of Earping on my part? Ugh. And I’m so tired when I get home that sometimes instead of writing, I read SuperCorp fanfic, because it relaxes me. But then sometimes I’m reminded that Kara/Mon-el fanfic exists and it makes me sad for humanity.
So, fresh off my recent gig for Docstache, I’m going to start recapping season one. I cannot promise you a posting schedule or any sort of timeline, but I can guarantee they will be:
- Unnecessarily Long
- Full of too many screenshots
- Done before the premiere of season 3
- Chock-full of pop-culture references
- Replete with spoilers, so if you’re just reading as you watch, well, locate a legit recapper instead of me
Does that sound like your thing? If so, well, grab your bus ticket and chestnut latte (and a GoGirl just in case), a shovel (though we don’t know why), and be careful of angry sisters wielding shotguns. Here we go!
Monica’s Random Points of Randomness: Continue reading
Hello! I swear I am still recovering from DragonCon. I came home and had a pretty nasty cold, so I’m still catching up on life and sleep and laundry, all while working a bajillion hours. It’s been great! I know I covered some of this stuff in the daily recaps we did, but I’m just gonna detail some of it again, probably. It’s my blog and I can do what I want. And bullet points are my friend. Notes in red (literal color commentary) are from Michelle.
- I landed in the airport on Thursday, and my friends were already there. Apparently they were waiting for me with this sign, but we both missed each other. Too bad, because that shit is hilarious. (I also carried that sign around the entire time I was with Heidi, and I think she wanted me to go away.)
- We arrived at our Airbnb, and it was a total fail in that they wouldn’t let us in. You can read more about that here, but let me just suggest to you that if this ever happens to you, call their customer service. I did not do that, and I should have. Luckily, my college bestie hooked us up. If she hadn’t, though, so many Earpers reached out and offered solutions and good vibes. In the midst of fuckery, this was welcome positivity.
- The impromptu Fangirls Shirts meetup was super fun, and I don’t think I gave it its due in the original post. It was great to hang out with old friends and meet new ones, though there were a lot of people and it was a bit overwhelming. As you see, I had kind of a shit day, and a large group of people isn’t always my go-to happy place. But lovely people outweigh the anxiety eventually, and it was great. Beer helped. And so did this picture.
- You can read about Friday here and the amazing adventure that was Almost Getting Run Over By Stan Lee. We thought we were special, and then as the weekend progressed, we saw more and more people tweeting that it happened to them. I think we need t-shirts. And a support group. Can someone make us a logo?
- Friday was the day when part of our group passed another part in the skywalk and realized that it was maybe one of the circles of Hell. Seriously, all those people crammed into a tiny space? I wish I had thought to seek medication prior to the con. I had to stick to beer.
- The most important thing that happened on Friday was probably meeting Docstache. I thought from her EarperView that she would be my jam, and meeting her in person only confirmed that. I was a little hesitant because she seemed to like VP, but I guess to each their own.
- You can read more in-depth about Saturday here, but I’ll just say it was the day of our Yiska cult rejects cosplay and the day we stereotypically got caught in a parade.
- One of my favorite things was naming the space between two platonic friends in a small bed The Ghost River Triangle. Don’t cross the line!
- That con Marriott is basically the Hellmouth. Ugh.
- Michelle and I drank some lukewarm Corona out of a can while we wrote up the blog because we are classy bitches. (How is there no picture of that?) Because neither of us like to have our picture taken?
- Remember that time Emily Andras blocked me on Twitter? Me too. And now I’ll never forget because I printed out the notification and asked her to sign it.
- We had a lovely breakfast on Sunday at The Corner Bakery, and I had a great blueberry hand pie. That’s your most important takeaway for Sunday.
- Oh, and the evisceration of the patriarchy in two panels.
- We also hit the Buffy panel, which was a lot less rage inducing. A highlight was when a fellow con-goer asked Charisma Carpenter if she had ever heard the Cordelia jingle from the Buffering the Vampire Slayer podcast, so Michelle provided the audio since it’s one of her alarms.
- We had a bunch of photo ops that day, which you can read about here. They were all amazing, and I am so happy that we did them.
- We did some pretty great Bauman poses. Next time, Jill!
- At the Wynonna Earp panel, Heidi and I asked questions! I was so nervous, but luckily Docstache was behind me to calm me down and provide support. I asked the cast what their favorite Earp sisters moment was, a Known Question of Attack, and it was pretty great. My face got super red, though. Good thing I look amazing at all times, no matter what color my face is.
- And Marcie asked the question that has divided the Earper community for months, thanks to the negativity of VP — mushrooms on pizza? Emily said yes, so I feel like the discussion is over, guys.
- That night, we ate at the food court for approximately the 367th time, and Michelle got so angry that she threw her sandwich on the ground outside. Or, the ghost of Stan Lee’s scooter safety mechanism threw it on the ground because she wronged him. (I did a legit spittake in the general direction of my work laptop reading this.)
- BUT I am a wonderful person and gave her half of my sandwich, but when the story gets told, she never remembers that; only that BP gave her some chicken tenders. And the saddest piece of “Texas toast” ever, because everything is bigger in Texas except for that toast.
- That night was the Earper meetup, which was super cool. I got to meet some awesome people, but not as many as I should have because I am not great at talking to or approaching people. I wish I were better, and I’m sorry that I didn’t meet all of you because I’m bad at people-ing. I hope to be better by the next con. Probably ClexaCon?
- But the people that I did meet were awesome, and I had an amazing time talking to them. It was so cool to meet all of you. I particularly loved the discussions about the different fandoms with Carol and Coral. So glad I got to meet you two awesome ladies. Can’t wait to hang out again!
- Emily, Michael, Tim, and Shamier came to the meetup, too! I got a selfie with Michael, and he was so incredibly lovely. He kept turning to find the most flattering lighting so everyone got the best picture possible. Thank you, Michael. I was horribly sweaty, so, you know, it can only be so good.
- And everyone I talked to was OBSESSED with Shamier’s hat.
- Bridget had been drinking a little and then was interacting with a service dog, so I assumed she was drunkenly not following the rules you should be with service animals, so I was like, “Bridget, you can’t pet service dogs!” But it was okay and I didn’t need to intervene. She insisted that she was sober, and though I’m not sure that was an accurate statement, it appeared that it was cool she was interacting with the dog. Moral of the story? Shut your damn mouth, Monica. B-train knows what’s up.
- Even when she’s definitely drunk because IT WAS HER BIRTHDAY.
- Monday morning, we had a kickass breakfast with BP at Waffle House. That may not be interesting to you, but we had a great time and it was amazing. I got mushrooms in my potatoes. Michelle had pickles with her waffle.
- Monday was the last of the four cast panels. Everyone was so gracious and accommodating and so thoughtful in their answers, and they were all so generous with their time. This fan was very appreciative. Here are some high points:
- Melanie Scrofano’s spirit animal is “a motherfucking sloth with a machine gun.”
- Michael Ecklund thinks that Bobo just needs a friend. Gonna be mighty lonely in that well, sir.
- Tim Rozon ships Doc and Wyatt.
- Emily says Rosita has more in common with Wynonna than she realizes.
- It was SO COOL that Shamier stopped in to say goodbye to everyone, and that he’s basically the biggest WayHaught shipper ever.
- Someone used the phrase “Waverly cheated on Nicole” during a question, and my heart was warmed by how many people groaned.
- “You can choose who you want to be versus who people tell you you are.” — Emily Andras
- Kat’s dream guest star is Amy Acker. THAT’S MICHELLE’S DREAM GUEST STAR, TOO, KAT.
- We have to wait until season 6 for a flashback to the chili cookoff.
- And the most important lesson — per Emily, shave your legs with conditioner, not with shaving cream/gel/lotion/anything else.
- Monday, I had dinner (tacos that were super tasty!) with BP, VP, Office, Lynn, Michelle, Heidi, and Docstache. I can’t speak for everyone, but for me, it was probably one of the highlights of the trip. Coincidentally, I also had a giant beer, but I’m sure those are unrelated facts. Here are some highlights:
- I made a Traveling Deb, which I totally forgot to bust out until then. Sorry, Deb! But you were in my backpack the whole time!
- At one point, sitting in between VP and BP, I shouted, “I AM SURROUNDED BY INITIALS!?
- Someone Earpsplained to Office, Docstache, and me that “Emtothea” is “Em to the A,” and not “Em Tothea,” which SOME PEOPLE ARE STILL LAUGHING ABOUT. Hey, I thought maybe Tothea was her maiden name!
- I also picked up the nickname of Cathy, and it’s because someone told VP that they were disappointed they didn’t talk to Cathy and VP had no idea who they meant. When they said “lesbiyinzer,” she was like, “You mean…Monica?”
- So now my name is Cathy. Cathy Tothea.
- After dinner, at our hotel, we did the same thing that many of the Earpers did and hard-core voted for Melanie in the #GirlOnTop contest. And holy shit, if I never see another Captcha again, I’ll be happy. Most of them were roads and bridges and cars, but for some reason I had a special hell that included woodpeckers, cake stands, and storefronts. And I of course live-tweeted it because I am who I am, and someone told me to “stop complaining” about the ones I was getting. O…kay? Like…this is kind of my thing, the “making fun of stuff” part? I wouldn’t call it complaining. But…sure.
- The worst part about Dragon Con? Leaving. I was happy to come home to my wife and my cat and my house and my larger bed and not walking between 439 hotels each day, but there’s a certain level of comfort that goes along with a con for me. in regular life, when I walk into a room, if I’m lucky, no one notices me. Usually, I get stared at, whether it be for how I’m dressed, what my hair looks like, that I’m holding hands with my wife, that I’m wearing some random nerd t-shirt, or that I just look different (AKA queer) in general. I never feel that way at a convention, and feeling like I belong isn’t something I feel very often. As soon as I hit the airport, I got stared at, and not because someone loved my shirt. Sigh. But only a few more months till ClexaCon, right?
There you have it, friends. Several days of insanity condensed into some words that is probably still Unnecessarily Long. As always, I thank you so much for reading.
I’m hoping to start back up on the recaps I missed this season and then maybe do some for season one. We’ll see what happens. But I definitely have some stuff planned for later this year and next year that I am so excited about, I can hardly contain myself.
Many thanks to Michelle for the literal color commentary and to Heidi for the notes. My life is better with the two of you in it. You keep me sane, organized, colorful, and grateful.
What’s better than dynamite? Boobs. These boobs in particular.
#DragonCon Photo Roundup
Guys. We are so fucking tired. [ Editor’s note — we started this Monday night, but it’s now Tuesday and I’m alone trying to write this up. Thanks for abandoning me, assholes. ]
The only blog post I can fathom doing is one with a lot of pictures, so here we go.
Our first professional photo op was one we got with the entire cast. We decided to all hand-write “I am all in” on pieces of paper and hold them up while posing with everyone, and it turned out really, really great, if I do say so myself. And it was during this photo op that I explained to Evelyn Andrews that I only tell people that I don’t like hugs so I can be selective about who I get them from…although it looks like she’s keeping her distance from me here. Hmm.
Next up was a picture of the Wynonna Earp gents. We couldn’t come up with a good idea for this one (we did discuss pointing out the fact that we four queer ladies absolutely love these men, but decided against it). Continue reading
Saturday at #DragonCon
Our day started out with a lot of laughter. Let me tell you, everyone should con with my friends. I mean, go to a con with them. Not attend a long set of lies designed to rip someone off. Attend a fan convention.
Cosplaying as people kicked out of Yiska’s cult.
Among the hilarity this morning was naming the space between two platonic friends sharing a double bed The Ghost River Triangle. Don’t cross the line!
We made our way to the con — then stopped and went back to the hotel because someone forgot their pass, during which Michelle passed the Amy Acker test. I whispered it from 20-plus feet away, and she turned around immediately after not hearing Heidi yelling at her from the same distance. Then we finally headed to the con again and I powered through a burrito bowl with a metric ton of mushrooms for breakfast. #YinzerClassy
We did some shopping and then headed to the autograph area, after being released from the clutches of the parade. Emily was nice enough to sign the screenshot of when she blocked me on Twitter.
And then the Yiska reject cosplayers got a selfie with our beaver overload.
I met the lovely and talented Shamier Anderson and told him about our friend who is super excited for his full frontal dragoning.
We headed to the fan panel and Heidi and I came up with a really great Peacemaker theory. I kind of wanted to ask the attacking question “what is your favorite Earp sisters moment,” but I ran out of time.
Heidi and I stood in line for the cast panel while Michelle and BP went to a 100 panel, and that panel was amazing…except I had to leave in the middle of it to pee. Whoops. Should have gotten a small coffee.
Then my pals had a 100 photo op in which they basically said “you suck” to the dudes. I don’t know anything about this show, but I do like pretty ladies.
Michelle loved Tasya’s accent, while Heidi didn’t realize she spoke to them. Don’t know what BP thought. She didn’t tell me, and she’s not here. I’m sure I’ll get notes.
We hit the Five Truths and a Lie panel with Kat and Dom, and that was…interesting. So grateful that Kat is our Nicole and not some rich leather-working real-estate magnate.
We wandered around a bit outside because the Marriott was a clusterfuck and ended up back in our hotel room drinking warm Corona out of a can, because Yinzer/Iowan classy.
Another successful day in the books! I can’t believe it’s half over. I’m sure we will get into more trouble tomorrow, and maybe even answer that age-old fandom question, mushrooms or pineapple on pizza?
Purgatory in Sunnydale
Season 2 of Wynonna Earp has been the most Buffy-est show to hit my TV since, well, Buffy, and I know I’m not the only one who thinks so. So @micnic1291 and I thought it would be fun to unpack who our Purgatorian Scooby gang’s counterparts would be in Sunnydale. (Unfortunately, Michelle was “busy watching The Bold Type” when it was time to add in the pictures. What a coincidence.)
MAJOR, MAJOR SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN’T FINISHED BUFFY!!! If you choose to read anyway, please don’t shout at either of us about being spoiled, because we warned you. And neither of us needs to be yelled at any more this week.
Wynonna: She’s Buffy. She’s the big damn hero. She’s the reason we are all here. She saves us, and in some small way, we save her right back. She’s also Faith. Badass bitch in leather. “Fuck all of you” attitude. The spare heir/slayer, so to speak.
Waverly: Willow Rosenberg. Hella smart. Hella cute. Newly queer. This is an easy one. Just…try to avoid that ultimate evil part. You know…again. Continue reading
Wynonna Earp 2×11, AKA the One Where Everyone Forgot Wynonna, Good People Died(?), and WayHaught Love Each Other In All Timelines
Hello, friends! Happy finale week! I have to tell you, it’s been a busy few days for me. I like to start these recaps on Saturday, and it’s Monday night. No time to waste! I LOVED this episode — if “Tabula Rasa” and “The Wish” had a baby, it would be this delicious little morsel. I love episodes like this — where everyone is mostly themselves, but just a little bit…off. Or, even better, when they’re not themselves at all — I’m looking at you, Lost Girl‘s “Original Skin.” Damn it, Monica. Stop rambling! Put down your pickle, blow out your prayer candles for Doc, Dolls, Rosita, and Nedley, and let’s go!
Previously on Wynonna Earp, Nicole got bitten by a Widow, and Waves didn’t trust Wynonna to save her, so she made a really bad deal. Doc and Wynonna vanish, and then everyone seems to forget who Wynonna was. That seems like it could be problematic!
Monica’s Random Thoughts of Randomness: Continue reading
#EarperView with @sheaven
I am not a social person. To be honest, the only kind of social I am is socially awkward. My wife and I are pretty active socially, but honestly, sometimes I prefer my interactions to be writing-based. I’m just a lot more comfortable around people, especially strangers, with a couple of screens between us. So at FanExpo, when Sally caught sight of me and screamed, “FANDRAS!!” it was…a little overwhelming. I have a little more fandom experience under my Wonder Woman belt by now, and I can say without reservation that the very first Earper I ever met in person is one of the nicest, most generous, and funniest in this fandom. She always makes me feel welcome, whether I’m a terrified lady wearing a Fandras shirt in a different country who knows absolutely no one, or a nerd surrounded by her fandom friends at dinner.
Everyone knows about her creativity as half of the amazing Fangirls Shirts duo, but how many of you know about her fanfic writing? She talks about it a little below, so I won’t get into it too much here so as not to spoil it, but when I listened to the Tales of the Black Badge podcast and she said she wrote the Buffy fic she speaks about below, I got so excited that I stopped paying attention for a minute and almost hit a deer. And I’m not even a Xena fan!
Sally is yet another reminder that our fandom is full of talent, love, compassion, and just wonderful, amazing people.
Tell us a little bit about your non-Earper alter ego.
Wynonna Earp 2×09, AKA the One with Multiple Dolls…es, a Hot Tub, and the Most Awkward Dinner Party Ever
I hope to someday get back to my full Unnecessarily Long Recaps, but I think that will be in between seasons. So yay — something for all of us to look forward to! For now, I hope you enjoy these extended Random Thoughts of Randomness and other assorted things.
Guys. GUYS. I’m not gonna lie, this episode gave me a lot of feelings. I technically watch alone (my wife is usually here, but she doesn’t watch the show), so my reactions are usually pretty tame with no one to interact with, other than on Twitter. But this week, I shouted at the TV a few times, AND I threw my phone. Twice. So grab your champagne and your mac and cheese, practice with your sexy fighting sticks, and don’t forget to shoot your creepy doll in the face. Let’s go!
Oh, one other thing — don’t forget to grab your compassion, and while you’re at it, make sure you have some understanding that people are beautiful and terrible and flawed and amazing. People make mistakes and do stupid things, and they shouldn’t necessarily be persecuted for one tiny thing they did in the context of their entire life. So if you’re reading this and expect the phrase “I can’t believe Waverly cheated on Nicole,” well, you’re in the wrong place. I recommend finding another recap, because this one will just make you mad.
Monica’s Random Thoughts of Randomness: Continue reading
Wynonna Earp 2×08, AKA the One Where Wynonna Stepped in the Tardis and Nicole Just Stepped In It
Hello, friends! Apologies for the unexpected hiatus, and I’m afraid that the recap won’t be the same as usual. Real life has intervened, and I’m a bit short on time this week once again. But I do have a lot of thoughts, and I’d like to get some of them down. It won’t be the Unnecessarily Long Recap you’ve all grown to
love tolerate, but I do have some observations, some screen shots, and a crazy theory or two. Let’s jump in!
Monica’s Random Points of Randomness:
- I got into a nature-vs.-nurture
discussionargument with @NedleysOffice on Twitter this week. I say Willa is a product of her environment and not just a straight-up sociopath; Office disagrees. But I have to tell you, Willa trying to kill Waves by having her fall through the ice does not exactly support my argument.
- Who names a baby “Welcome”?
- Widow!Mercedes is so freaking amazing.
- Widow!Beth attacking Juan Carlo reminded me of the Leviathans on Supernatural. Then I remembered how they [spoiler alert] treat all of their female characters like 13th-class citizens, especially my dear, dear Charlie, and then I was super happy that shows like Wynonna Earp exist. Also, Juan Carlo reminds me of Bobby. Ahem. Back to it!
- Rosie and Doc are super cute together. However, to be honest, I think they would be super cute with anyone, because holy shit, they are both so attractive. Daaamn.
- Also, do any of the women of Purgatory dress appropriately to the weather?
- I love that Rosita, Doc, and Wynonna are all adults about this situation. It’s refreshing. No unnecessary drama.
- Naps are my bitch, too, Wynonna.
- Wynonna’s doctor was so freaking amazing. In both episodes we have seen her in so far. Non-judgmental, comforting, supportive, funny. Just wish I could find a doctor like that. I mean, not a baby doctor. I haven’t seen any angels in my dreams lately. We’re cool.
- I’m with you, Nedley. Willie Nelson is a national treasure.
- No way Waverly is that bad at pool. She practically grew up at Shorty’s. I call shenanigans.
- Also, where’s that scar that chicks dig? And can we get some love for Nicole’s Pink Ladies jacket?
- Nicole, you really can’t lie to your girlfriend at all.
- I love Nicole’s unwavering disgust for Bobo.
- I could really go for some nachos and tequila right now. Did I mention I’m in day 2 of 30 days of clean eating? I want all of the food. It’s fine. I’m fine.
- I watched this episode at a friend’s house, and she was like, “Oh, Brendan Fehr!” I was like, “That is the least-exciting part of the episode for me, but I like that you’re engaged!”
- You know what line I loved? “Neutral men are the devil’s allies.” I feel like that…really has a lot of relevance in our world today. Apparently Dolls likes to quote Edwin Hubbel Chapin.
- “The Earp sisters will be reunited before sundown.” So…Willa, right? We’ll see Willa soon? I hope so. Sociopath or not, such a great character!
- Hmm. Wonder what last time’s gross doctor’s-office story was.
- “Holy pioneer balls” indeed, Wynonna.
- I feel like that’s how I might react if I realized I was in a vision quest.
- I love how she tells the baby to calm down. Such a great moment.
- Crazy that Bobo’s hair gets better after he comes back from Hell. That’s a pretty neat trick.
- Time really changes a man. Years in Hell made Bobo a bad dude. Years in a well made Doc a gentle, open-minded, caring soul. So I guess when given the choice between well and Hell, choose well. Both will give you great hair.
- I guess Bobo’s always been a snazzy dresser.
- Loved that Juan Carlo punched a Widow. Solid choice.
- Where can I get a piñata filled with doughnuts?!! (Day 2, guys.)
- Nicole, always the voice of reason. Her talking about feeling like an outsider was so on brand with her character, and of course she wants everyone to get along, including Boobs McSeltzer and her boyfriend’s baby mama.
- “She needs to see the past if we have any hope for the future” seems like the tagline to a summer blockbuster about a psychic time-traveler who’s leading a plucky band of misfits against an orange-skinned villain.
- I love that the show is answering so many questions about the backstory. Proof that if you invest time in a show that loves you back, it’s worth it. I was especially impressed with Bobo’s backstory. Repeating “I am a good man” — heartbreaking.
- I wonder if we’re gonna see good, old demon Sheriff Clootie in the next four weeks.
- Dolls hates the woods! And it seems like he’s not a huge fan of the Widows, either.
- I’m sorry, but the least-believable part in this episode was Nicole’s purse. She is not the kind of lesbian who would carry a giant purse like that. She’s either a “stuff it in your pockets” gal, or maybe a backpack or messenger bag on a special occasion, like a Pride fest or a softball game.
- Oh, hey, while we’re on the subject of Nicole…oh, my goodness. I get it. Sometimes you do really stupid shit because you think you’re protecting the woman you love, but in reality, you’re treating them like a child. It’s completely understandable, sure, but…such a mistake. Such a mistake. You’re not Champ, Nicole. You are in a grown-up relationship, and you take care of each other — it’s not one-sided. And dropping the “I love you” feels desperate, though there’s no doubt in my mind she means it.
- That being said…let’s not be too quick to judge, Waverly. You kept the fact that you fought a demon that was possessing you for SEVEN WEEKS to yourself. So, you know, let’s all just admit that love makes you do the wacky and have some of that make-up sex you think is so great.
- I just hope that Nicole heard Waverly loud and clear. She needs a partner, not a mother. Someone to be there with her through hard times, not someone who tries to make decisions for her. Stand up and be the woman and girlfriend we know you can be, Nicole. Be the partner Waverly deserves.
- Sorry. I have a lot of feelings.
- Ever wonder what sadness looks like? It’s this. This is sadness.
- If I had more time, I would do a whole photo collage devoted to Kat Barrell’s face in this episode.
- Who carries a spool of thread on their person?
- I think Bobo took even longer to die than Laura Hollis did.
- That scene with Bobo and Wynonna, where she tells him she’s Waverly and he worries about what he’ll become — sheer genius and perfection. All of the feelings.
- And all of the mind-fuck. Which actions caused which? How could he think Waverly is his angel before Wynonna traveled back in time to tell him that? Oh, time-travel. You’re such a tricky shit ticket.
- Wynonna being dead for 77 seconds, huh? The exact number of revenants? Well, that must definitely be a coincidence.
- Well, I’m sure Wynonna saying she and Dolls will never be enemies is definitely not foreshadowing.
Monica’s Insane Theory:
What if Waverly’s parentage is a red herring? Maybe she’s an Earp; maybe she’s just the product of an affair. What if it doesn’t matter? What if NICOLE is the half revenant/half human that Jonas spoke about last week? Remember how Jack said she was “the wrong kind”? And maybe she was just drawn to Purgatory….or Nedley has known all along and recruited her. He’s no small-town idiot cop. I think he’s been playing the long game, well, for a long time, especially since he seems to be pretty familiar with Juan Carlo. Maybe he replaced that awful Sheriff Clootie years and years ago and he’s been kicking it since, Mayor Wilkins style. And it was time to bring in half-Revenant Nicole Haught to town to fight the big bad.
Thanks for joining me, friends. Sorry it wasn’t one of my “traditional” recaps, but I still hope you enjoyed it. I had fun writing it! See you next time!